Thursday, April 23, 2009

Numbering All the Bones


Okay, I know you're not loving this at first, but you're going to make some major connections here. These connections aren't going to be pretty, in fact, some you'll find shocking and hurtful, but if you're studying the horrors of the Civil War, this book is an essential read. I love that we'll be reading it together, as we can make so many connections from life, text, world, and sadly, after our trip to the museum, you will truly understand why we've read this. I hope you give it a chance...but what are you feeling right now? Remember this would be historical fiction, it is AR, and it is worth 5 points, and a 4.2 level, (not that you would care, because you'll love this book)...

11 comments:

  1. I think this book will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's very important we are reading this book. We are learning a lot about the Civil War and slavery. However, I'm not really enjoying this book because I am not a big fan of historical fiction in general. The topic is very important and interesting though. I hope this book teaches me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, so good. (Secretly waiting for a slave revolt, or a Civil War battle scene, to spice things up.)
    -Thomas Mullenix

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is important to learn about life in situations like these.

    -Dylan Elza

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is really confusing right now. Why are there so many characters? Its kind of slow and reminds me of "A Child Called It". There doesnt really seem to be a plot line to the story either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so far i find this book interesting, and while it can be a sensitive subject, i find that it is very important for children to learn about these things. so far, so good

    ~mEowW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that this book will be really good. It is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a very good book it was weird at first but now its preaty kool

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see what happens next this book really keeps you on edge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'll be able to learn a lot about history after I'm done. It kind of reminds me of a book Bone by Bone by Bone, or something like that... it had the same subject too. I'm interested to find out what happens

    Ying

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is really good so far, but really hard to read and understand at the same time because of all the characters that play iin this book! Other than that i can't wait to see what the mystery is in this book so far.. hopefully.

    ReplyDelete