Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TRAVEL TEAM--I get it already!!!






Why can't we get Lupica to come to our school to speak!!!? I know, money. But I have to say, the man's a genius--he took an era of boys without anything interesting to read, (or so they complained:) and made them passionate about reading again. Even Lupica's other books such as The Red Zone, which they can't test on, is always checked out. What is it about this author that boys and girls are drawn to? What does he offer that others don't?

5 comments:

  1. This book and author are the best. If you like sports read this and other books by Mike Lupica


    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. shadow club is a fresh read, so interesting it is fresher than the first pickle out of the jar

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is my favorite author. But I have read all his books so a good alternative to him is John Feinstein. My favorite book by him is Last Shot, it is the beginning of a 3 book series about a kid that was chosen to go to the Final Four to write about the games and to find out what it would be like to be a journalist for a big event. But then something unexpected happens. It is a great book to read if you are out of Lupica.

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he is definitely on of the best writers that I have ever heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first comment is stupid

    ReplyDelete